My photo
I am a Denver based photographer, but have traveled internationally and throughout the country photographing weddings, children and families. I am not a big writer but I love posting photographs I have taken. If you are interested in my services please contact the studio at 303.519.5740 or meghan@meghanvalentine.com Enjoy looking around and leave me some comments if you would like!

Meghan Valentine Photography Web Site

Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Thankfulness

As I am getting ready for our family trip to LA I wanted to post a blog of Thankfulness. 2009 has been a year filled with ups and downs. I lost my father on May 9th. He passed away on his 60th birthday after a long 3 year battle with leukemia. We had had a falling out and in the end we worked things out, I am so thankful for that. Such a great blessing it was to be able to talk to him in his last few months.
I am thankful for my husband, who does so much for his family and has been so supportive through everything this year. Making 6 trips to NY to be with my father and bringing the boys to see him, sometimes flying by himself with the three boys or driving with them by himself. Amazing. I don't know how many people could do that and he did.
I am thankful for my three wonderful boys; Jonathan, Aiden and Preston. God truly blessed me with them. I couldn't image going through life without their little smiles, sayings or hugs.
I am thankful for Rocco, who will be here soon and I can't wait to meet him and see how amazingly he adds to our family.
I am thankful for my Mom, Reva, Gia, Matt and Jimmy, I have an awesome family!

Jonathan

Aiden

Preston
Rocco

Chad my Amazing Husband and Myself

this photo was taken by Chad's sister Shelly www.shellyvalentinephoto.com

Here are a few photos of our last few times seeing my Dad and the boys first time meeting him.

For anyone who knew my Dad he always had the best attitude and believed you could always win with the right mindset.







This was Preston giving my Dad his most loved puppy dog to make him feel better.



We all miss you Dad and are so Thankful for you!

3 comments:

  1. Beautifully done, Meg! You have a lot to be thankful for...Happy Thanksgiving! - Jen Moore

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am thankful for the most amazing, beautiful wife anyone could imagine being married to. This year has been a proud year for me, watching Meghan's business grow and watching her grow as a professional. She truly has accomplished much more than anyone can imaging. All while raising 3 strong-willed boys, being pregnant, and dealing with a tough year emotionally. Meghan, I am so proud of you and I love you very much.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You've had quite a year... I'm sorry I'm so far behind! It sounds like you've come through it all with amazing grace (I wouldn't have expected any less)! :)

    These pictures of your Dad with the boys are so sweet... what a treasure!

    ReplyDelete